The Alhambra was so called because of its reddish walls (in Arabic «qa’lat al-Hamra’» means Red Castle). It is located on top of the hill al-Sabika, on the left bank of the river Darro, to the west of the city of Granada and in front of the neighbourhoods of the Albaicin and Alcazaba.
Depart from your hotel in Granada in a comfortable, adapted minivan. Enjoy the pretty views of the valley below as you ascend to Alhambra Palace. As you arrive at Alhambra, your local tour guide will meet you to start exploring the opulent palaces, vast courtyards and lavish gardens as you delve into the captivating history of the impressive UNESCO Heritage 9th century fortress; listen to tales and trivia regarding decadent sultans, extravagant emirs and Moorish Kings who formerly inhabited the palace. Discover The Generalife, the sultan’s summer palace, situated east of the Alhambra and surrounded by wide gardens filled with a great variety of vegetation.
Afterwards your driver will pick you up and take you back to your hotel.
- Fully guided tour of Alhambra Palace and the Generalife Gardens
- Skip-the-line entrance tickets
- Learn about the sultans and Moorish kings who once lived in Alhambra
- Explore the Spanish history at this UNESCO World Heritage Site with your expert local guide
- See superb examples of Islamic décor and medieval Persian gardens