In a private accessible vehicle, your driver and guide will take you to visit the most interesting sights of this pretty Galician town. This includes the Tower of Hercules and the Gardens of San Carlos. You’ll also learn about the important historical attack led by Francis Drake during Queen Elizabeth I’s monarchy. The itinerary of the accessible private tour of A Coruña can be customized by choosing the sights you wish to see during the tour.
Firstly, we will visit the Tower of Hercules, the oldest lighthouse in the world. This monument has been a UNESCO World Heritage since 27 June 2009 and is the second-tallest lighthouse in Spain. This site is reachable through an accessible path with a slight slope. From this viewpoint, you will have wonderful views of the ocean. Stop by Domus, the famous science museum. It was designed by architects Arata Isozaki and César Portela and inaugurated at the end of the XX century. Next, we will walk along the promenade of the beach of Riazor. In the end, we will reach the Gardens of San Carlos, a lovely garden with a view down the hill to the harbor.
Afterward, we will travel back to the city center. Here your guide will lead the way through the beautiful church of San Nicolás, Azcarraga Square, Maria Pita Square, and the historic streets of Coruña’s Old Town. Then, you can discover the neighborhood of the port and Los Cantones. It is a magnificent gallery from the beginning of the XIX century where many cafes and shops are located nowadays. Finally, we will end our tour on “the routes of wines” by sampling traditional Tapas & Aperitif at some of the best and most historic tapas bars in Spain.
Highlights of the Accessible Private Tour of A Coruña:
- Walk through the historic streets of Coruña’s Old Town and discover the most fascinating secrets of the city
- Learn about different historic people and their relation to the city including Maria Pita, Pablo Picasso, Francis Drake
- Explore the ancient Roman Tower of Hercules, the oldest lighthouse in the world
- Visit Domus, the Science Museum built in a famous piece of architecture
- End the tour at a suggested local tapas restaurant for a selection of the best local Tapas