On this Accessible Historical Tour of Barcelona, we will first stop by the Plaça de Sant Jaume. Then we will head to the seat of the Catalan government, and walk along side one of the world’s best-preserved Roman walls. Besides, the tour includes stops at the medieval Plaça del Rei, Barcelona Cathedral, Plaça Reial, La Rambla, Plaça Sant Felip Neri, Santa María del Pi church, and Santa Caterina Market. Moreover, you will see the highlights of the Jewish Quarter. You can learn more about the history, and look for symbols implemented by the freemasons.
With a knowledgeable official local tour guide to lead the way, you will veer off the beaten path and delve deep into the past. That is to say, you will see some of the area’s most popular and hidden sights. There are architectural delights seemingly waiting around every corner. Most guests like to end the tour with some tapas at your guides recommendation in the lively neighbourhood of El Born.
Highlights of the Accessible Historical Tour of Barcelona:
- Walk alongside one of the world’s best-preserved sections of Roman wall
- Wander the twisting streets and quiet plazas of the Gothic Quarter
- Discover the history behind the archeological treasures of MUHBA – Plaça del Rei
- Explore the Jewish heritage of Barcelona and see the oldest synagogue in Europe
- See medieval gothic architecture like the Plaça del Rei, Santa María del Mar, Santa María del Pi and Barcelona Cathedral
- See reliefs and sculptures, decipher secret symbols that offered information about the Freemasons in Barcelona
- Visit the Plaça de Sant Jaume, the political center for Catalonia