Our Accessible Hands-on Paella Cooking Class & Food Market Tour starts at the Santa Caterina food market. It is probably the most local and authentic food market in Barcelona, where our chefs will give you plenty of tips on how to select the best seasonal local products. Returning to the school, you’ll start preparing and cooking your dishes in a friendly and informal group setting. Among flavors, scents, and a glass of good wine, we will unveil the secrets of the real Paella, as you enjoy the dish that you have been preparing. Back home, you will be able to impress your guests with your new skills!
The space where the workshop takes place offers step-free access and an adapted toilet. Please note the table where you cook is 85 cm tall (33 inches).
Highlights of the Accessible Hands-on Paella Cooking Class & Food Market Tour:
- Small group Paella cooking workshop in the center of Barcelona
- Learn the secrets of local cuisine from a professional chef
- Visit the beautiful Santa Caterina Market, in La Ribera-El Born area
- Cook traditional Catalan dishes such as Paella*
- Enjoy the delicious Spanish lunch that you have prepared
*Menus can be totally adapted for vegetarians or anyone with food restrictions as gluten-free meals
The total duration of this experience is around 5 hours (or 3.5 Hours if skipping food market).
- Welcome introduction – 15 min (At the meeting point)
- Visit to Sta. Caterina food market – 1h30
- Hands-on Cooking class experience – 2h00 – 2h30
- Lunch or dinner – 1h30